1923 Stutz Fire Engine circuit breaker

Engineco14

Those look post war to me.....contact the SPAMFA guys on their website.........they are very helpful and your best chance of finding what you need.

Interesting.......I have owned a few mid thirties Seagrave units.........nothing similar on the stuff I have worked on that early......I have only seen one Stutz fire truck in person years ago.........as most trucks were updated over the years, it’s common to see much newer accessories on the truck than when it was built. Is it possible the breakers were later additions? Are they similar to other commercial switches and controls......most everything pre 1930 is exceptionally simple. Earliest circuit breaker on a car was what year? Any idea? I’ll have to look at my books tomorrow. Ed

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 12:21 PM, Layden B said:

1914 Cadillac has a circuit breaker

My 1914 Caddy was a 7000 mile original and still had the original voltage regulator working, the only one I had ever seen. I don’t remember a circuit breaker........by my carburetor float bowl heating element was still connected when I bought the car, along with the original coil, points, condensers, and wires. Great car. I sure miss it.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)