Coolant specs

shelbyone

Sorry, I'm old-school. I'm not up on G11 coolant. Generally, a 50/50 mix of ethylene glycol antifreeze and water is all you need. The water should be as mineral free as possible. The modern day amber colored coolant, some times called extended mile coolant will also work just fine in your TC. I use it in my engines. I just looked up the Prestone brand G-05, 5 year/ 150,000 mile coolant. Is that the type of antifreeze you are asking about?

3 hours ago, Hemi Dude said:

Sorry, I'm old-school. I'm not up on G11 coolant. Generally, a 50/50 mix of ethylene glycol antifreeze and water is all you need. The water should be as mineral free as possible. The modern day amber colored coolant, some times called extended mile coolant will also work just fine in your TC. I use it in my engines. I just looked up the Prestone brand G-05, 5 year/ 150,000 mile coolant. Is that the type of antifreeze you are asking about?

Hemi!  Thats exactly what's in the TC right now ( Preston G-05) and after a little research, I found out that  G-11 is basically the same...

• Like 1

Yes, I agree with Hemi, a 50/50 mix of a quality brand extended life anti-freeze and distilled water will be all you need. Make sure you buy straight anti-freeze and not the prediluted type that you don't add water to. They are about the same price and a gallon of straight anti-freeze and a gallon of distilled water is a lot less expensive that two gallons of the prediluted antifreeze. Think about it.

Edited by rmtroutman (see edit history)
  • Like 2