Delco-Remy grease cup distributor question

stvaughn

The distributor on my 32 REO has the grease cup on the side. There is a spring with a rubbing block against the shaft in the housing and the rubbing block is worn down to the point where the spring is starting to touch the shaft. Is this something I can make or is it something special?

3E2FEA23-EB7A-4ECB-9A0C-63E5A835D332.thumb.jpeg.4e76538e747c83bd12f7bda5ab922c84.jpeg

Rusty,

The rubbing block appears to be a hard plastic and it is part of the grease cup system. The grease cup is attached to an elbow, the elbow screws into the side of the distributor housing. The spring and rubbing block are in the passage between the elbow and the distributor shaft and are held in place by the elbow and the shaft. I’m really not sure what the purpose of these parts are. 

Steve

31DABD2A-9E98-4D0B-9AB6-B8E66B7E91F9.thumb.jpeg.2ee27453dfb55cfce7efaf118cfa8dfa.jpeg

Honestly Steve, I was,extrapolating from the Delco Remy on my 1927 Cadillac, which has both bearing and bushing. But it is quite a different distributor. Here I go again making daring assumptions ! 100% sure someone will have the definitive answer soon.  -  Carl 

I have seen a lashup like that on some Delco distributors, but NOT going around a corner. The phenolic thing rubbed on the shaft. I think the intent was to reduce dwell variation due to bushing slop.

Maybe it goes on the other side of the elbow.