ID on Trico Motor

30DodgePanel

Was told this one is impossible to restore and would like to prove  folks  wrong. I do all my own work and will be keeping everything original or at least time period correct  (nothing is impossible). It may take me years to restore the entire truck so I'm not in a rush, I purchased the truck knowing it would be a life long effort because of the rarity and how scarce the  parts are to locate. 

Any help on ID is greatly appreciated, I just need to know the specific model number if anyone recognizes it. I've been told by the expert in the business to go with a KSB but not doing that, again, I want it to be correct for my 1930 DA-124 3/4 ton as it came from the factory.

Sorry for the poor lighting, let me know if better pics are needed to properly identify the part and I'll edit them.

Regards,
Dave

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

The motor is rebuild-able IF the inside of the bowl is not blistered.  There is no rocket science here.  When you disassemble it, pay close attention to how the kicker is put together.   Make an effort to use the same paddle. 

If all fails, I have a friend that has forgot more than I know about these Trico motors.  Don't buy  a kit yet. 

Agreed Curt. Common sense approach I'm sure...

Never tackled one of these yet but I'm sure after looking at a few diagrams it's within my realm of capabilities. No idea what model it is so no desire for a kit until I can ID it and troubleshoot any issues as you know...

Any ideas on what specific model mine is though ?  I've only seen this one on Dodge Brothers trucks from that time frame in literature (artists renditions). This one was pulled from a parts truck in WI and is the only one I've seen a photo of. Hoping someone has a Trico catalog that can identify it.

Thanks, 

Dave

8.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Scratching my dodgy memory here.... there have been wipers posted in these fora with their model showing, I would say raised but maybe stamped. There have also been printed instructions on overhaul plus a few topics about it. No doubt you have seen them.

Is it possible to clean it so anything stamped or cast into it can be seen?

I would say It is a KSB motor late 20's early 30's  The model number was lightly stenciled with paint.  Take it apart, there is NO rocket science here.  If there are blisters in  the bowl or on the top where the top of the paddle seals  it is scrap.

• Thanks 1

I think they are mostly same of that period . Was able to rebuild mine with a kit from Batton's  ,model A used Trico's . The differences come in mounting and control valve , inside or outside . Ply 33 has info on his site on lubing . Model A site search got some better info , most is on here somewhere from two years ago or less . Also Dodge's where painted  black from factory as was truck interior, I guess . No sure how crosses to larger Graham's .