old mechanical exhibition in France

sebastienbuick

3 hours ago, KVP said:

Sabastienbuick,

Thanks for posting the pictures of the antique tractors.  First look for me at some of the early 20th century French models. Was Renault the dominant tractor manufacturer during that period of time?  I see an American made McCormick-Deering there as well.  I have 3 antique tractors myself.  Two of these are tractors that I operated on our family farm.  

Keith

thank you so much ;) 
I do not know exactly if renault was the first French tractor, but Sunday there were many old Renault tractor.
In my opinion, I think that renault was the first at the time, or the most popular, in France.
some were very well restored, they are like new, like Mc-cormick gray is like new, are the owner who restore it to 25 years

3 hours ago, Roger Zimmermann said:

It's like Hershey in France! Are all those vehicles for sale or just for exhibition? 

thank you
on Saturday there was a lot of tractor (and car) for sale, and on Sunday when I went there, there was still tractor for sale and many others that was on display :) 

1 hour ago, oily rag said:

It reminds me of my days in South Dakota.  Tractor shows,  hit & miss demos, and swap meets that had everything.

it must have been good ;) , here this exhibition is so big that it takes the whole city almost ^^

51 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Thank you! Great collection of equipment, reminds me of the Kent Connecticut Machinery show. Bob 

thanks bob ;) 

2 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

Thanks for those photos!  Very nice variety of farm and industrial machinery and of course, all the vintage cars. 

I can't say I've seen that many late '40's Hotchkiss's together before.

Craig

thank you so much
it was a great day and I will be back next year! :) 
I still have a lot of photos to put

33 minutes ago, sebastienbuick said:

I still have a lot of photos to put

I'm looking forward to seeing them.

They makes me want to take a trip to France to attend one of your shows!   There appears to be a huge variety of cars from all over Europe, including some obscure ones hardly ever seen here in North America.

The Schlumpf collection would definitely be on my list of things to see while in France.

Craig

Edited by 8E45E (see edit history)
  • Like 1

It seems to be that people in France want their antiques to look like antiques, unlike in the US, everybody repaints then and make them look like new.

I personally enjoy an old tractor that looks like it just came in from the field from plowing, rather when it came off of the showroom floor.

6 hours ago, 8E45E said:

I'm looking forward to seeing them.

They makes me want to take a trip to France to attend one of your shows!   There appears to be a huge variety of cars from all over Europe, including some obscure ones hardly ever seen here in North America.

The Schlumpf collection would definitely be on my list of things to see while in France.

Craig

thank you so much ! ;) 
in fact at the exhibition of vehicles there is a large choice of models of vehicles coming from all over Europe, one also sees very current vehicle like for example the " renault Prairie ", one sees it rarely.

5 hours ago, Roger Walling said:

It seems to be that people in France want their antiques to look like antiques, unlike in the US, everybody repaints then and make them look like new.

I personally enjoy an old tractor that looks like it just came in from the field from plowing, rather when it came off of the showroom floor.

it depends on the person and the scarcity of the vehicle.
France is much smaller than America, and has for export, there is less vehicle in France than in America.
it is therefore more rare to find a vehicle that we have been looking for a while.
a vehicle that is rare and expensive, is more likely to be restored than another.
there are also persians who prefer to ride with his vehicle in his original condition even if it is in a bad state.
All that depends on perssone and their financial means :) 

3 hours ago, Roger Zimmermann said:

I cannot imagine the costs associated with the transportation of huge machines...

yes considering the weight of it is machines, I think the transport must have a cost.
some perssonne equip his own big truck to transport them.