Installing K-GAPS "Super Six" Logo'd Large Floor Mat

Years back I bought K-Gaps Super Six logo floor mat before they went out of business.

Finally getting to the install point. Did anyone buy this mat, and if so can you tell me your

experience. I want to be sure I go about this install correctly as there is just one.

I'm guessing its the rear floor mat and not the front floor. If for the front, I would guess the mold

they use to make the mat would have had the correctly positioned cut outs for the

pedals and gear shift. Just asking to be sure on its placement.

Thanks

Jack

I don't know, but I'd guess you have the front floor mat and that they did NOT punch the holes for the pedals and gear shift, preferring to leave that to the installer.  That's because there might be some variations in hole positioning, through the years.

You could contact the successor to K-Gap (which has a lot of K-Gap's molds and dies): Wildrick Rubber, http://www.wrphet.com/ , they might have some suggestions.  

Another suggestion would be to join the Yahoo Hudson Super Six group, and ask your question there. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/HudsonSuperSix16-29/info

Morning Jon,

I'll try Wildrick again. Last time I tried them they did not have the running board and this mat's molds, KGap owners still have them.

Was hoping one of the Spring family would respond and answer the question. They were involved in, managed,owned Kgap.

Tried the Yahoo Hudson Super Six group, no joy.

The "cutting" is what I wanted to be sure of. The placement of the mat front/back is a 50/50 guess. Once its cut, a wrong guess would make the $300+ mat worthless. So I was hoping someone in the HET community bought one of these mats.

There must have been sufficient demand to invest $$$$$ in the running board and floor mat molds. They were specially made, and probably very pricey.

Hi Jon,
Yup an active member of HET and the SuperSix forum. Thanks for the contact info.
I posted on the SuperSix forum a couple times but no response. I'm here hoping the
Springs and/or the K-Gap people would respond. WRP has not responded as of yet.
As I said I was also hoping an owner of said mat would pop up.
Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy, I'm the G from the old K-GAP.    Hudson kept superceding the applications list for the mat that we reproduced until it fit everything back through '32 or '33 and up through '47.    Pedal positions moved.   Their universal replacement mat could not have pedal punch outs.    It is a FRONT mat.    Hudson ALWAYS carpeted the rear seating area.

• Like 1

Now as I was getting close to  that point I can install the mat, I measured the rear floor area, 48" from the front seat adjuster to the rear floor rise to the seat cushion. and about 46" wide but tapering toward the front. I'll measure the front floor pan to the adjuster and see if the measurements are close to the mat dimensions. 

Yeah, this is definitely a mat for the earlier Hudsons, not the one "G" is talking about.  Possibly he will recall producing this one (the one you have) since he was part of the company that made them.  But -- no matter which version of repro Hudson floor mat that one has -- one still has to cut the pedal holes oneself.  My guess is that "G" will confirm that.

Morning Jon,

I ordered up a 36x48x1/8 cheap"o"  rubber sheet to begin a template so mistakes are on a $23 cheapo rather a $300+ one of a kind.The K-GAP 37 1/2 square mat measurements are very close  to what would fit under the dash.  So that's my plan forward. Just ordered the shift boot from WRP. I need to see if I have to "slit" or "square hole" to get the pedals thru.

Jack

From Amazon:

36x36x0.062 is $22.50 - virtually the same size as the K-GAP

48x36x0.125 is $49.00

33-005-062-036-036 General Purpose Rubber, 50A Durometer, Smooth Finish, No Backing, 0.062" Thickness, 36" Width, 36" Length, Black

https://www.amazon.com/33-005-062-036-036-General-Purpose-Durometer-Thickness/dp/B00P5V72OQ/ref=pd_sbs_328_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00P5V72OQ&pd_rd_r=7f194559-b87f-11e8-85dd-873fcc9bd247&pd_rd_w=nJU5c&pd_rd_wg=hN7vX&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=0bb14103-7f67-4c21-9b0b-31f42dc047e7&pf_rd_r=3H0YFGPJAGF8BJYET73B&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=3H0YFGPJAGF8BJYET73B

33-005-125-036-048 General Purpose Rubber, 50A Durometer, Smooth Finish, No Backing, 0.125" Thickness, 36" Width, 48" Length, Black

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P5V9186/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1