1929 Dodge Bros (DB) DA6 (changed title 8.23)

Just to inform....those cars are actually 1929 Dodge Brothers DA6 not 1928 Senior Six and would have been made starting in the fall of 1928. It was common in those days to title the car as the year built and not by model designation. If built in 1928, it could have been titled as a 1928, but it is the 1929 Model and could not have been built in 1927.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

You could start the search by going to the Dodge Brothers Club and find out if anyone in your area owns one like it. What area do you live? Maybe the club roster will show someone with one in your town.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello Keiser31,

Thank you for the clarification. I've attached a scan of the "Instruction Book" cover, and inside cover. I kept it after I sold the car. When I was 14 I had to overhaul the updraft carburetor, using home parts/gaskets and needles. Besides painting it, putting on a new Naugahyde top, and tires, its was in great shape. Thanks again.

William

Palm Springs, CA

1929 Dodge Brothers Six Instruction Book Inside Cover First Edition May 1929 .jpeg

1929 Dodge Brothers Six Instruction Book Cover First Edition May 1929 .jpeg

• Like 1

Hello William,

wasnt trying to sell you my car so much as to ascertain where you live. Like John, I think you stand a better chance finding the car near where you live, vs in NJ where I live.

My car has good wood, doors open and close nicely. complete interior needs redoing and also, the insert top needs to be done. Elsewhere on this site, is a complete discussion of rebuilding the top. very interesting!

Good luck with finding your car!

3 hours ago, William Claypool said:

Hello,

Does anyone have a picture of the dash in the 1929 DA? I think my gauges were a small 3 gauge indicator panel that was a triangle.  Also I didn't have a trunk, only a gas tank and a tire mount.

Thanks.

Here is the 1929 DB DA6 dashboard....there should be a drawing of it in that book, too.

Picture 27557.jpg

14 hours ago, mercer09 said:

Hello William,

wasnt trying to sell you my car so much as to ascertain where you live. Like John, I think you stand a better chance finding the car near where you live, vs in NJ where I live.

My car has good wood, doors open and close nicely. complete interior needs redoing and also, the insert top needs to be done. Elsewhere on this site, is a complete discussion of rebuilding the top. very interesting!

Good luck with finding your car!

Being in California isn't a problem for me to look for a car. What are you asking for your car? I'm not sure I really understand the messaging protocol on this site. Thanks.

• William Claypool changed the title to 1929 Dodge Bros (DB) DA6 (changed title 8.23)
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...