LaBaron Bonney Alternative?

itstom

So I'm getting ready to do the interior on my '38 coupe.  I have requested samples from LaBaron Bonney but haven't received them yet.

Meanwhile, I'm starting to come across more and more posts indicating that there seems to be some issues with them (LBB).  Some posts on a Ford site of people who have multiple interiors on order but none being shipped, fabric changing color after 6 months,  finding out that no fabric is available until after the ship date, etc.  All of that makes me somewhat nervous.

What alternatives, if any, does a guy have when it comes to interiors for a pre-war Buick?

Thanks,

Tom

I had a minor problem with them recently.  I was sent the wrong fabric after multiple phone calls to make sure I got the matching broadcloth to the batch I’d already ordered.  I wanted fabric with a backing, and after carefully explaining the sample they sent me had no backing, was assured I’d get the correct stuff.  I didn’t.  But they sent me a shipping label to return it and said they’d send the correct stuff.  Hopefully it will arrive soon.  I suspect the problem was with one of their employees.  Every time I talked to this guy, I got inaccurate information.  He didn’t seem to know what was going on.  When I talked to a very helpful lady named Cam, things seemed to get done.  Several times I was told they were waiting for a certain fabric to be produced - I got the last two yards of the backed broadcloth.  I suspect there is a shortage and they are waiting for enough orders to make a new run.  Overall, I’ve been pretty satisfied with them. 

My experience with LBB. I tried placing an order with the phone, and after 6wks,  I decided to placed my order thru the computer. Cam sent me samples in less than a week, I finalized the order on the 19 Dec`17, was the middle of April when I received the order, got everything except the interior sun visors, said they were back ordered. I sent a message inquiring about the back order in June, was told they`d "expedite", still haven`t received them yet. But that`s OK, I`m still in the paint stage on my car. I opened the box to inspect, and am happy with everything. All I can say is "Hang in there" and good luck to all.. I also got a 10% discount by ordering on line..

Edited by pont35cpe (see edit history)

Thanks for the input everyone.  It has also recently come to my attention that they have either moved or opened a second location in Wilton, Maine.  Perhaps things are a bit chaotic at the moment.

But judging by the responses to the question of alternatives, I guess the answer is that there are none.

Thanks,

Tom