late teens Paige parts car, South DAkota craigslist

NOT MINE

https://sd.craigslist.org/cto/d/1928-oakland-2-dr-sedan-and/6643709540.html

1928 Oakland 2 dr. sedan and others - $650 (Watauga SD)

1928 Oakland 2 dr. sedan. Engine rusted, no wood , some rust in body but has a lot of good parts. Rear end turns , wheels turn. Complete running gear. Please email or call for more info. I also have a 1917 Buick truck which has complete engine and running gear and body from dash to radiator. Also a 1919 Paige car that has front but no rear body.

(605) 524-9699

00G0G_hSsmPOWpV2l_1200x900.jpg

00R0R_YRjuY4gZjr_1200x900.jpg

Hey Carl,

I tell ya, ten years ago I would have wanted to jump on that! I have always had a fondness for Paige automobiles, and their history.  They are probably one of the best "also rans" and very undervalued history-wise. Rarely seen on tours, but a few owners I know love driving them and say they are very reliable. Paige had some interesting styling, and I could probably have done something good with what I see there.  But that was ten years ago. The realities of my today isn't so good.  Bad family, plus financial realities have hurt a lot. All the good cars I had are gone, but I have about five good project cars already that I need to try to do something with (including the '27 Paige my dad bought in '67!).  So as much as I see potential there (I have resurrected worse!)? I just have to torture myself for awhile and try to get back to work on a couple others.

I sure wish somebody would step up and save it though.

• Like 1