1929 Chrysler engine 6 cyl rebuilt long ago and never installed

36 D2 Coupe

A friend has a 1929 Chrysler 6 cyl engine that was rebuilt many years ago but never installed in a car as far as he knows. Still in the crate/pallet it was delivered on. Doesn't know the displacement. How do you tell?   Also a bunch of 1929 Chrysler parts ( I'm not sure what is in the pile of stuff he has)  He would like to move it as a package. Asking $700.00 US or  offers. Located near London Ontario. Would prefer pickup at his place. Please contact me with questions and I'll relay them to him.  Thanks for your interest.

Edited by 36 D2 Coupe
reduced price (see edit history)

5 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Photos of the parts and engine will generate information and interest. Photos of the engine will help identify it.

Yes I know. But I haven't even seen the engine and parts myself yet. He just told me about the stuff today. If I can get some pictures I'll get you to coach me on how to get them off a cell phone onto the forum.

The engine number will tell what your friend has. There are a couple of places to look depending on what engine it is. Most numbers are on a flat pad just under the cylinder head on the front left side of the engine about the generator. Some numbers are on the right side on the timing case, I believe.

Thanks for loading the pictures for me Keiser31.

And thanks 28 Chrysler for identifying the engine as for a Model 65.

Here's the rest of the story.

My friend acquired the engine and all the parts to assemble it plus a bunch of other '29 Chrysler parts - brake parts, transmission parts, multiple heads and starters, a dash panel etc. as a job lot to clean out a basement. The bores of the block are greased to prevent rusting.

Apparently the previous owner had the block redone and then was unable to finish his project. All the parts are allegedly there to put the engine back together along with an assortment of other '29 Chrysler parts. I don't know the extent of the additional parts - the pictures show all that could be seen. The block is sitting in a substantial crate that can be seen in the pictures.

We would like to sell the whole lot together as my friend needs the space in his shop. Hope we can find a good home for everything. Questions are welcome. Maybe this will put another '29 Chrysler 65 back on the road :) 

4 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Another photo....

1929 engine7.jpg

This is a shot of the 3 heads, pan and 3 starters on the shelf One of the starters does not look like the other two :( . Sorry I couldn't get closer to them but you get the idea. There's more stuff here in boxes but it was not accessible. I think I see a head gasket and a timing chain in a box sitting on top of the pile.

Edited by 36 D2 Coupe
more info (see edit history)

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...
El 7/19/2018 a las 13:11 p.m., 36 D2 Coupe dijo:

Un amigo tiene un motor Chrysler 6 cyl de 1929 que fue reconstruido hace muchos años pero nunca se instaló en un coche por lo que sabe. Aún en la cría/paleta que se entregó. ¿Cómo lo dices? También un montón de piezas de Chrysler de 1929 (No estoy seguro de lo que tiene)  Le gustaría moverlo como un paquete. Preguntando $700.00 EE.UU. o ofertas. Situado cerca de Londres Ontario. Prefiero recoger en su lugar. Por favor, contacte con las preguntas y las transmitiré con él.

Do you still havethe engine?