Continental 6E in 1923 Flint - info needed

aussiecowboy

I have a 23 Flint with a continental engine, loss of oil pressure and a rod knock means a rebuild is due but I'm having trouble finding any info on this engine at all, I'm hoping to order parts but can't find reference to it anywhere. Any information or leads gratefully accepted. 

IMG_4770.PNG

(1) Post this to the Durant forum here---Flint was one of Billy Durants cars---'m sure the Durant Club includes it, and will be the best source of help/advice/sympathy...

(2) A couple of my better old catalogs imply (strongly) that the 6E was unique to the Flint, quite unusual for Cont'l...

(3) Place to start for parts etc Monte's Eqpmt, NW of Chicago, dealer in obsolete Cont'l parts.

garradmoon@montes@flash.net (Garrad (Gerry/Jerry Moon) or montesequipment.com..

(4) I have no idea how this script shifted over to italics, or how to get it back.......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bud Tierney said:

(4) I have no idea how this script shifted over to italics, or how to get it back.......

? In the row just above your text, the I is for italics. Your mouse pointer might have settled on it while you were typing. Select your text and press that I again... or press Ctrl-I... to switch the whole lot. My pointer sometimes turns up sitting on the bullet or item numbers and I can't understand what is going on for a moment or two.  ?

Aussie Cowboy;

Jump over to the Durant Automobile Club web site at www.durantmotors.com and feel free to post there. You don't have to be a member to post and this club serves Durant, Flint, Devaux, Locomobile (1922-1929) Frontenac, Continental, Mason trucks all the vehicles associated with or made from Durant Motors cars or parts.  Good group of people, very helpful.