Help with old GM part number to application

roysboystoys

Can someone direct me to a Google search that has part number to application? I tried GMpartsdirect, but these are too old.

3663548 center spring bolt - Chevrolet, but what years? 

3678077, group 1006, steering knuckle arm ball, Chevrolet but what years?

DSCN1072.JPG

DSCN1073.JPG

DSCN1074.JPG

DSCN1076.JPG

I just tried the GM parts Wiki which is about the best on line site I have found,  but yours isn't in there.  You may have to just break down and buy a really old Chevy parts book.  Do you have a bunch or just a few parts to look up?  I think the earliest book on the Wiki is about 1940.  I have a 1935 Book I believe.  I'm not sure if i have acquired a 1929 book or not as well,  but something in the back of my mind tells me I might have.  I don't identify many parts anymore so I haven't had them in my hands in a while.

I just have the two numbers above. The later stuff I can find usually. Not likely in high demand, but someone somewhere might need one.

Wear items that get replaced once in a restoration, never again. I have them at the VCCA forum, listed by number not application.

I have the GM wiki parts link, thought there might be another source I couldn't pull up.

Thanks for the input.

I just ran these numbers through my 1935, and 1941 Chevy master parts catalogs. They seem later than that. I then ran them through my 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, and 1952 as well as 1955 price books,  which give the group number to look them up by as well as part number change if they superceded. They are nowhere to be found. I honestly believe Chevy made some parts that never appeared in any parts books.  

I would throw them in a wholesale box and let the next victim try to figure out what they fit. The Wiki has very good coverage after the early 1950s so if it's not on that as well,  it was either a number for a year then changed at some point that my books don't bridge or possibly some bizarre heavy truck application.   

This is one of the reason I have been getting out of the parts business. You spend a lot of time looking stuff up that either you never do find an application or when you do find out the application, the part ends up not being worth a fraction of the time you spent identifying it. 

Good luck. 

Thanks for the effort, auburnseeker. I agree with the time factor. I like a challenge, but for an obscure low-dollar piece it really isn't worth the effort.

I just hate to toss a part aside that someone, somewhere needs. Can't be much demand for these; zero interest at the Chevy forum.

I was curious what the stud mount was for, drag link attachment?

The wholesale box grows larger.

Don't feel bad. I have moved from wholesale boxes to wholesale storage units,  just to let the parts maybe have one more run at life (by someone else) before they get recycled.  f it makes you feel better I had an unusual roller bearing in the same exact type of packaging and never found an application for it.