Devil Worship This Weekend

Guest EDBS0

EDBSO

Where are you coming from to go to Stowe Vt. (Brit Show)

If the weather is good I may take a ride up there. It,s not too far for me. I live on the Ct./ Mass Border. Just look for a white convertible, White top, white mldgs,Maroon interior,with Texas plates. It may be the only Reatta there.

Charlie B.

Don, Nic, EDSO:

Get a grip! Have you heard this airhead on television whining about her baby and kvetching about its father? Fun might be fun -- but, at some point, guys, you have to talk to/with her. Typical example of British inbreeding....where the IQ might approximate the ounces of silicone injected.... You know what she got on her SATs? Drool.

Jerry

The twin devils are the three SU carbs that are very difficult to tune and constantly go out of tune. Similarly there is a ghost in the machine of every Lucas electrical system.

JJ Re: Liz; Give the girl a break! I required an example of an attractive British lady. I suppose that I am a bit of a fan and would not turn down an opportunity to meet her. Also think she showed remarkable restraint in keeping quiet for an extended period of time regarding everything around her child.

Charlie; Like yours, my trip will be conditional on the weather. Will be driving down from Ottawa on Saturday. You will be going north west on I89 and going north on route 100 to Stowe where you will turn left onto HWY 108. The show will be on a turn to the right. I will be taking the scenic backroads and approaching on 108 from the north. Look forward to meeting you.

Driving a white Reatta also with Texas inspection certificates on the windshield but with Ontario plates. Just might remove the Texas stickers first, it confuses the heck out of an alert Customs agent who will want to know the 5Ws.

I will be having a steak and kidney pie with a black and tan at YE OLDE ENGLAND INNE (HWY108 on left side to event). It is the event headquarters and can be difficult to get into that weekend but is worth it.

My cell is only digital and there is no service in Stowe the last time I was there. See you Sat weather permitting, Robert

Folks, English beer is not served warm, it is served at room temperature, 4 degrees C.

However the best hot cureall known to man is 12 oz Blue Mountain, 1/2 oz Bailey's, 1 oz Jameson's. Whipped cream optional.

And for cold, 1 pt Guinness over 1 pt Harp (bent spoon required)

ob Lucas: inventor of the three position light switch: off, dim, & flicker.

Hey Charlie;

Hope you got home safely. It was good to have met you at Stowe and now I can put a face to the name.

To everyone else - the black and tan, and steak and kidney pie was fantastic.

Love padgett's "flicker" comment. Obviously a proud former owner of Lucas equipment but one can have much more fun with a hose and triple SU carbs.

Saw lots of pristine British automotive art on wheels. I lust for a good solid E-type but the Healey 100s also caught my eye. The black AC Bristol was not there this year or I would be really conflicted. Will also keep the Reatta.

Hey EDBSO, Yes I got home in good shape, and I see that you did too. I have to say the highlight of the day was meeting you and your lovely wife. I truly enjoyed meeting you folks. It is nice to be able to put a face with the posts.

You are correct, there were some fine autos at the show.

And yes , I will take the Convertible and rebalance the tires and have the stick on weights put on the inside of the wheels. Thanks for the advice. By the way, you have a very nice Reatta. Reguards, Charlie

• 5 months later...