OEM Mopar headlamp buckets - years and application?

one-shot

Have two Mopar headlights in box, one primed ready to go except for trim ring; the other complete in black. The base is fastened differently on the primed one. Rivets are used. It has a date of May 20, 1941 on reflector. Both are 7-1/2 deep and with lens opening of 7-1/2. The original lens of the primed one broke and it had a 3644 inside. The complete, ready-to-go one also has a 3644 number inside. PC 599690 primed one and PC 914288 LH complete unit.

My books don't cover these numbers. Buckets too short for 37s and the riveted one I bet is for a truck. 1936?

Thanks for the help.

Harold

DSC05087.JPG

DSC05088.JPG

DSC05089.JPG

DSC05090.JPG

DSC05091.JPG

The 914288 part number would make it about 1939 era and the 599690 would be mid-1930s based on typical Mopar part numbering.  If the numbers don’t show up in the automobile part books there’s a good chance they are for trucks.

Terry

Know the following.

Mopar.

3644 glass, '36-37 and others non-Mopar. 

Mounts vertical on a stand. Shorter buckets than normal '37 Plymouth.

Are DeSoto and Chrysler a different length?

Harold

They aren't sealed beam so they are pre-'40 which pretty much excludes military (the VC Dodge truck kept the bulb lights for '40). If it has any writing across from the stand it is made for a '39 Plymouth truck where the lights are mounted upright. If writing is 90 degrees from the mounting stud it is made to hang off the radiator fairing which would make it for a car or older truck.

1939 Mopar trucks, that's a very narrow notch. I looked at the trucks and there seems to be two different chrome trims around the headlights. A narrow one like the cars and a wide one.

Thanks once again for the input.

Harold

Edited by one-shot (see edit history)