NOS CAMSHAFT GEAR FOR 1918 and up

Terry Wiegand

I have this NOS Textolite camshaft gear that fits the 1918 and up 6-Cylinder models.  My Dad picked this up in the early 1960's from an old auto salvage here in Hutchinson.  I know what the markings read on the box, but that is wrong.  The I. D. in the hub checks 1.0625"  There are 60 teeth.  It is my understanding that the gearsets were made in two different gear patterns.  There was the 60/30/20 configuration and then there was the 54/27/18 set.    My Dad bought this thinking that it would be good to have a spare if needed.  I am going to ask $100.00 plus the shipping.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Phone - (620) 665-7672

eMail - terrywiegand@prodigy.net

P2140293.JPG

P2140294.JPG

P2140295.JPG

No seriously, tomorrow I will take the timing covers off both my 242's and see what condition the gears are in. On the engine that's already out of the car that will be easy, the other one I have to.....what....take the radiator out? Fan off? I'll do it tomorrow and see if I need this new one....and count the teeth to see if it's 60, etc.

The gear has been sold.  My friend called me Sunday afternoon and we discussed things about his engine.  He verified the tooth count on his water pump / starter/generator shaft gear and it is going to a new home.  Hugh, that may be the reason for the smaller diameter gears being that they were used in the smaller engines.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hubert_25-25 said:

Terry, 

I can't tell from the parts book what the 4 cylinder had, but the 25/26/27 Standard have the same gearset part numbers and the ratio is as you stated of 54/27/18.    Hugh   

1928 Std has the same timing gear parts number as Std 25/26/27.
Leif in Sweden.

• Like 1