32 Cadillac V12 Exhaust Manifolds needed

Alex D.

After sandblasting my heavily pitted Exhaust manifolds I found a hairline crack. It’s possible that this crack can be repaired but I would rather find some good replacements that do not have the heavy pitting. Any leads or advice is appreciated

Alex D.

3 hours ago, C Carl said:

Alex , are you a member of CLC ?   - CC 

Yes, I am member no28408. I also posted the same question on the CLC forum.

46 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

Does Pete Saunders make them or only for the V16?

Peter Sanders does not have any listing for exhaust manifolds on his web site

My manifolds are not beyond repair, it's just a matter of finding the right person to do it correctly.

Hi Alex ! There are guys who can do a repair. I had a blacksmith friend , now passed on , who told me cast iron rod was becoming somewhat difficult to find. That is what he used and recommended. I think good pics of the problem area , posted in General , or Technical would be productive. Also in your CLC directory , you will find Steve Nannini in Arizona who has high quality parts for V16s , including ex. manifolds cast from original patterns. Certainly worth a call. Dick Shappy in Rhode Island might be able to help you also. Ted Raines in California may be the authority on V12 Cadillacs. Ted was a Past President who judged my original unrestored 1924 Cadillac at the 1994 CLC Grand National. Evidently the comprehensive and obvious repair to my R.H. ex. manifold (seen here towards the rear of the horizontal run - the entire manifold snapped long before I got the car 30 years ago , perhaps due to excess load from failed exhaust system hangers) , was not deemed overwhelmingly serious. The then 70 year old Cad won the difficult and prestigious, no longer judged , Past Presidents Best Original - Early. Perhaps the original top and headliner helped overcome not only this flaw , but also the ancient re paint. At least it was done in original colors. Please let us know how you resolve this issue.    - Carl 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg