Gas Tank Straps

neil morse

Actually, I will give these away -- i.e., for shipping cost only.  A new set of gas tank straps I got from Bob's:

http://bobsautomobilia.com/fuel-system/1941-56-fuel-tank-straps-and-anchors-.-b1-sta/

The catalog says they fit 1941 through 1956, but they were too short for my '41.  They are a little bent from trying to install them on my car, but otherwise brand new.  I will happily ship these to anyone willing to pay the shipping cost, which I would think will be nominal.

5a750831c5159_straps(2).thumb.jpg.287223fa458993d8982801a741a9ad60.jpg

• Like 2

Have you contacted Bob's to let them know that they have a problem with their product?  Even if they can't do anything for you, they could possibly revise their product.  I would hope they could fix this sort of problem for future purchasers.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kgreen said:

Have you contacted Bob's to let them know that they have a problem with their product?  Even if they can't do anything for you, they could possibly revise their product.  I would hope they could fix this sort of problem for future purchasers.

Yes, Ken, I contacted Bob's and they are going to change the catalog description -- they said it would take a year, but it would be changed.

18 hours ago, 1956322 said:

If you still have them I'd be interested depending on shipping.. Tight month

Yes, I still have them and if you give me the zip code I will get a shipping quote for you.  I have already figured out (from somebody else's question) that the cheapest way to ship them is by US Postal service, and they fit in a mailing tube that costs $4.00.  So it won't run you too much.

43 minutes ago, neil morse said:

Yes, Ken, I contacted Bob's and they are going to change the catalog description -- they said it would take a year, but it would be changed.

You're a good man!  The next guy to order will benefit, sorry you didn't, but it is nice to know that Bob's responded positively.  Ken

On 2/6/2018 at 11:01 AM, 1956322 said:

Did they happen to mention where their mistake was in the listing year range? Mine is a 56 I'm guessing they don't fit the earlier years? My shipping zip code is 87114:)

They didn't mention anything that would indicated that they were even aware of a mistake or what the correct year range was for these straps.  I figure they are probably just relying on what their supplier told them.  The only way to see if they would fit on your car is to measure the existing straps.  As I posted earlier, these straps are 32.5 inches long.

The postage to your zip code is $9.56 retail ground, but only an additional 29 cents ($9.85) for 2-day priority mail, plus $3.99 for the box if you'd like me to ship them.  Grand total: $13.84.  Just let me know.