Quarter Window Weatherstripping

Jim Bird

I need to replace the rubber sealing strip that is attached to the front edge of the small quarter window and is the seal between that and the front window. Has anyone suggestions for doing this?

Does the quarter window have to be removed or can it be done with the window in place? Looks like two separate pieces. A metal frame attached to the window and a rubber/plastic weather strip

mounted in the frame. The rubber/plastic is what I need to replace

The weatherstrip can be rather easily slid out of the channel. No need to remove 1/4 window.  The hard part is to find the weatherstrips.

They were most recently available for the LeBarons that look like the TC. Same fitting part, though updated so the weatherstrip does not hang up on the door glass which is the usual reason for deformation.

Hi Bro,

This is the TC you drove to Charley's.  The door should not be opened if the windows are up as I am afraid that the glass might crack.  I have a 1/4 window with nice looking weather stripping.  Do you have more information on how to change the stripping without removing the window?

Bob

Quarter Window Passenger Side Weather Stripping.JPG

5 hours ago, Garnet & Gold said:

Hi Bro,

This is the TC you drove to Charley's.  The door should not be opened if the windows are up as I am afraid that the glass might crack.  I have a 1/4 window with nice looking weather stripping.  Do you have more information on how to change the stripping without removing the window?

Bob

Quarter Window Passenger Side Weather Stripping.JPG

IMG_1847.thumb.JPG.d063cf5db905f480d72b5386c3828384.JPG

You notice where the metal weatherstrip 'RUN' ends, rubber above it is part of the weatherstrip.  You just have to work the old weatherstrip UP and out of the channel that retains it.  Getting a used one back down into the channel is tougher. Try something like spray on graphite to ease the job. Included is also a picture of a new one, part# 4658714, that is the right side one, 4658715 is the left.  Good luck everyone.

IMG_1848.thumb.JPG.3d6b6bc43b819631f9d6c86dca0b6192.JPG

IMG_1846.thumb.JPG.658a73f16c92a130c1088290dec2fbe7.JPGNotice the door glass cannot get behind the weatherstrip with the new style.