What size YouTube videos do you like best on the forum?

Ronnie

What size YouTube video do you prefer?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What size YouTube video do you prefer? (read details below)

• Standard size you see on YouTube's website.
    • Mid-size YouTube video
    • Full width (default size when you post a video)

I would like your opinion. YouTube videos on the forum are automatically sized to full screen with when posted. They not only take up a lot of space that you have to scroll past, but being being that large makes many of them that were filmed in low resolution very grainy looking versus what you see on YouTube's website. Although there is no option to allow forum members to change the size of videos, I have the ability to change the size once a video has been posted.

Below are three sizes of the same YouTube video. Play each one of them to see what you think.  If we can agree on a size I will make all future YouTube videos that size. If the large videos we currently have are preferred that is fine with me to. :)

Standard size you see on YouTube's website.

Mid-size video (this is the one I like)

Full width (default size when you post a video)

• Ronnie changed the title to What size YouTube videos do you like best on the forum?
1 hour ago, 2seater said:

I suspect it makes a difference your screen size and resolution? The mid size seems a decent compromise to me. JMO

Screen size might matter. I use a computer most of the time with a 22" monitor. Screen resolution is set at 1280 x 768. For me the old videos in full screen size look a little grainy. Perhaps they would look good on an iPad screen. I have one and I'll look at the examples above on it later. I was hoping others would chime in with their thoughts on this but it appears no one really cares. :)

Sorry been busy, but for me it depends on the quality of the video. If it was meant for an iPad and I am on my bigger screened laptop and the video looks like s@#t then I would probably choose not to watch the whole thing being frustrated with the graininess and clarity.

As for the forum video size I also think the medium size would work well.

• Like 1

Not trying to lecture- "older" videos were recorded with older equipment. All of the digitizing actually slightly degrades the information, little by little- losing quality. The "Buick KH" series from Rivlanta were originally VHS. The format must be changed, to upload to YouTube, probably MP4. All the resolution possible really won't make a difference- actually- the larger setting at your 1024x768 @30Hz will be grainy.

I use a 32" LCD HDTV as my monitor, and have a decent GPU video card. I run at 1080i 32bpp (1920x1080 @60Hz) and have a fast internet connection- so I can watch higher resolution videos (720p).

Bottom line: The VHS stuff looks like VHS- no matter what you do.

The "medium" size is just fine for here. If the viewer wants to- they can hit the fullscreen button.