I would like to pass on some historical documentation for the current owner of a early brass Buick

DAVES_BUICKS

While helping a friend dispose of various things after his father-in-law passed away several years ago, we ran across a pack of letters which was correspondence between his father-in-law and a lady in Springfield Mass. concerning an early Buick that had been stored in a barn on her property.  He was interested in buying it and the correspondence went back and forth. Finally an agreement to purchase the car (if it was mostly complete) for $50.00 was made (this was in 1948), and the car was brought back to his residence in Atlas, Michigan (about 15 miles from Flint).  The original owner listed the car as a 1907 runabout, but the new owner listed it as a 1908 or 1909.  The car was fixed up (the new owner also had a Model T Ford), and we believe that he eventually sold it sometime in the 60's.  No record exists as to who purchased the car at that time.  I would like to pass along all of this correspondence to the current owner if he or she can be found.  I do have a piece of paper that lists the engine number of the Buick, so that would be the manner that the current owner (if there is one) could document their ownership of this Buick.  I hope someone can help.  I'd like to see this correspondence end up with the car, where ever it is. 

• Like 2

Dave :

Lets hope a contact can be made.  Trying to trace down previous owners of my cars 1937 and 1925 Buicks have been a lesson in futility. If these #s can be sent I would also have the HCCA, AACA,VMCCA  also involved. I have found that many very early Buick owners are not associated with the BCA.

First I would contact AACA and BCA and see if their judging system records have the car listed. I would also suggest you post the number here. You never know when an owner might do a Google search, find your post, see his car's number listed and respond.

My suggestion is to go to the Brass Buicks group on Yahoo, and post the engine number.  If you don't post the number, then you're asking every early Buick owner to send you THEIR number, which might get awkward.

My 1910 Buick has a four digit engine number, I don't have it in front of me, if the number you have is four digits I'd be interested to know what it is.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BrassBuicks/info  

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)

2 hours ago, DAVES_BUICKS said:

Larry, I have some correspondence that lists an engine number.  That's what I would use to verify the current owner of the car if found.

Dave

There is really no need for the secrecy. Simply list the number and someday, the owner is likely to find you. You can always ask the owner to send you a photo of their registration card or title showing the engine number or a photo of the engine number on the engine. You don't have to make it more difficult for the owner to find you because you are scared that someone else will lie to you to obtain the documents.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, trimacar said:

Larry, I tried to post the information on Yahoo Brass Buicks but not sure if I was successful.  My car is a model 16 with a higher four digit number than that.  Good luck!

David,

You post to the Yahoo group took.  I looked up the motor number and it is a 1906 Model F or G.  Need the frame number for better identification.  My '08 also is a four digit frame number but a 10,xxx motor number.