1926 reo

jamesa26reo

You are very ambitious to work on these Reo's . I used to own a 1926 Reo T 6 in 1976 they are a very durable car and well engineered . The 6 cylinder motor was very dependable . I am not sure exactly what you have there as one hubcap has a  chrome strip around the perimeter . I have requested some help for you at the Reo Club of America . Maybe a Reo Member can give you some detailed information .

Here are some pictures of Reo's from Reo meets that you might like .

https://www.reoclub.org/Photo_Gallery.html

The rusty chassis is Model G from 1926 but the rolling chassis is younger. Maybe 1927 or later. I own two Model G from 1926; a 4D Sedan and 2tn truck. Are you going to restore both these fine Reos? What kind of parts are you looking for?

The dash makes me think that the 1926 chassis could be from Speedwagon with 6 cylinder engine. Speedwagon could be bought with 4- or 6-cylinder angines. Also the way gauges are situated on the dash plus the steering column bracket makes me think that the chassis is late 1926 production.

Juha Kaitanen

Finland

Edited by Juha Paavo Kaita (see edit history)

Hi Juha I am working on these for a friend. He bought the rusty one for parts but i don't think it would work for the rolling chassis . i going to need all body panels ,so I have  got a project in ahead of me . Once i find out what exactly model the rolling one is i can go from there .

• Like 1

Hi,

The parts from rusty chassis will not fit to the runnnig chassis. I think the running chassis used to have a some sort of Flying Cloud body. George Svede (419-756-7245, 543 W. Straub Rd, Mansfield, OH 44904-1837) has factory records. By sending him the vehicle no. and engine no. you could find out what your Reo used to look/equipped with when the car left the factory in Lansing. That will cost you 20 to 40 dollars.

If your friend ever plans to part out the rusty chassis let me know (juhakai@wakkanet.fi). There are few parts which I could use for my Model G truck.

Juha

10 hours ago, jamesa26reo said:

Hi Juha I am working on these for a friend. He bought the rusty one for parts but i don't think it would work for the rolling chassis . i going to need all body panels ,so I have  got a project in ahead of me . Once i find out what exactly model the rolling one is i can go from there .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jpizza57111

1st.picture is a t6 motor ad trans.and frame 26 is the last of the t6

this is a speed wagon chassic what carb do you have on the t6

• 1 month later...