322 w/ four barrel carb $500

RivNut

Ed,

Do you know which Springfield this is from? Missouri, Illinois, Massachusetts, Colorado? There's a bunch of Springfields.

I know in the straight eights, the standard shift crankshafts are different from the Dynaflow crankshafts. Seller says this is from a standard shift '55 Century. Those are rare as hen's teeth. Does someone know if the crankshafts in the V-8s are unique to the standard shift cars? If so, this engine will be well worth the asking price.

Pete Phillips

19 minutes ago, Pete Phillips said:

Ed,

Do you know which Springfield this is from? Missouri, Illinois, Massachusetts, Colorado? There's a bunch of Springfields.

I know in the straight eights, the standard shift crankshafts are different from the Dynaflow crankshafts. Seller says this is from a standard shift '55 Century. Those are rare as hen's teeth. Does someone know if the crankshafts in the V-8s are unique to the standard shift cars? If so, this engine will be well worth the asking price.

Pete Phillips

I know you can buy an adapter to use a dynaflow crank with a 3spd trans....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pete Phillips said:

Ed,

Pete Phillips

I've copied and pasted from the "reply" box on the link.

• contact name:

Zach

• call or text:

☎ (417) 234-4753

417 is a southern Missouri area code.  I did a Google search of the phone number and it's a business right in Springfield.  About a 6 hour drive for you, Pete.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1