26 DB Door Lock and Steering Wheel Questions

DB26

Hello everyone.  I recently changed the door lock on my 1926 Dodge sedan and cannot remove the key when the door is unlocked. If I lock the vehicle there's enough clearance for the key to return to 12 o'clock and slide out but when unlocking the key stops before can hit  6 o'clock and prevents it from being removed.  Is this normal or is something possibly bent or in need of lubrication? I tried WD-40 and I had the whole door panel removed and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. 

My second question is if the steering wheel is a Dodge brothers or not all the ones I've seen look pretty plain and mine is kind of ornate:

IMG_1586.thumb.JPG.8e1246fc361b9b08cd9c19d88f396452.JPG

Thank you. 

Are we talking about a steering wheel or have we jumped ship to door handles???

if handle question: the 26 dodge should be a brass crimp over skin type handle if I recall I am pretty sure the 1926 dodge did not have a pot metal handle, as for locks I verr away from tech details on that with over 45,000 used handles my brain cannot remember maintenace on the key side of house I refer you to a locksmith on that. Send me a picture of your handle and that should tell me if you have the correct handle.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Yes your wheel is correct on some DB's. They came on Sport models and was probably available as an option. They also came on other cars as well, don't think Dodge built them. I have several of them. If I remember correctly I think I have only seen them on Gemmer steering box cars, which is correct on 1927 DB's but maybe some later '26's. Your horn button and quadrant look to be for the pre Gemmer steering box cars. It might have been added later on.