door lock knob

Scott Mckenzie

Unless you're worried about 400 point judging, why seek these out.  You know that the windows on the cars are easy to get a coat hanger in and the tulip on the top of the OE style lock knob is perfect for slipping a hook in a coat hanger around. 

18 hours ago, Scott Mckenzie said:

Anyone have a spare chrome door lock knob for my `64 ? I thought I had both of them but...alas only one. Im not looking for a freebee. OPGI carries them but Im not a fan.

Is this one from CARS correct?

Lock Buttons and Ferrules
1963-1965 All. Chrome door lock buttons.
LB647...................................................$4.25 ea.

7 hours ago, RivNut said:

Unless you're worried about 400 point judging, why seek these out.  You know that the windows on the cars are easy to get a coat hanger in and the tulip on the top of the OE style lock knob is perfect for slipping a hook in a coat hanger around. 

Yeah I`m thinking I`m being silly. You know what will happen dont you? as soon as i buy new ones , the mate will show up:rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Bleach said:

Have you tried a local wrecking yard? I'm sure they're not model specific and were used on other GM's over the years.

All the old time wrecking yards are gone around here, there are ''automotive recyclers'' but all doing late model stuff  .  I think as long as i have two the same  it really doesnt matter.

• Like 2