TODAYS PROJECT

LAS VEGAS DAVE

It really doesn't get to dirty here in the desert and it lives in the garage. We do however wash it more than it needs but I am out of other projects that need to be done for it. Now its just maintenance and I guess I over do that also. It is still running like a clock

so I am happy about that.  When I had projects to do on it that was half the fun. We also have many motorcycles and they are demanding so there is always something that needs doing but I kind of miss having some little project for the old Buick. 

• Like 1

I learned long ago, resist the temptation to pour gallons of water on cars with wood in their bodies or wheels.  Avoid moldings and fender gaps and joints.  A quick dusting and off I go.  Sometimes the ride itself will dust the car off. 

Water will migrate, rot, and rust.  Leave the washes for the everyday vehicles, and prolong the life of your antiques. 

When it's time for wax, I use a duster, spray bottle with water in it, a shamy and a clean cloth to "wash" and dry small sections at a time to remove any road dirt.  Done carefully, no more scratches are added to the finish. 

To each his own! :)

I'm with you, Don -

As long as I've owned my '32 Travelers Coupe, she's never had water on it.  I clean the same way..............dust with a magnetic cloth, spray with a little detail spray, then wax one area at a time.  The car has always looked new after doing this.  I think I just don't want to spend a day removing water spots and cleaning for a couple of days after that where the water has migrated thru the moldings, etc.....

J

• Like 1