Stunning Deuce and a 1/4

PWB

Looking for a 225  -  someday. What do you all think of this generation? I know they don't hold much value but I love 'em. :rolleyes:

Really like the color combo and color scheme of this one. Cloth seats, power windows and A/C. A real class act. Hats off to the men that cared for her.

Anything I should look for, specifically?

Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Buick-Electra-/253083837924?hash=item3aecf8e5e4:g:XBEAAOSwlxhZiOYG&vxp=mtr

2.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by PWB
Added pics (see edit history)

If it were me, I'd go for the 63 on E bay.  Bucket seats, console in a 4 door is just way cool!  Plus it has power windows and tilt steering wheel and side cornering lights!  It's too bad it does not have factory AC, but it appears to be in exceptional overall condition.  The trans difference cited between the 63/64 is real.  However, when driving my 56 the other day I marveled once again at how people could have called that car slow!  I would really like to drive a 63 someday.  I bet with the 401 it is quite the performer.  But performance to me means cruising down the highway or by way, not the 1/4 mile foot to the floor type of ride.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUICK RACER said:

i'm confused the picture here is of a '64 and the ebay link is a '63. I prefer the '64, as '63 still have dynaslow!

Sorry.  I fixed the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Buick-Electra-/253083837924?hash=item3aecf8e5e4:g:XBEAAOSwlxhZiOYG&vxp=mtr

True that "passing" speed after the first 1/4 is a consideration. (Won't stop me - beauty before speed can stop the clock) Was it significant after '63?

My '64 Impala was a sloth with a 283

No complaints Chevy prouds ^_^

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

By observation, if throttle response is crisp and tight, "slow" might not feel that way.  If there are "sags" and "You want to do WHAT?", then slow gets slower.

Of course, "slow" is a relative term, depending upon "point of reference".  Bad thing is that many econoboxes of recent manufacture, with enough throttle input, will embarrass many "higher brands" of old.  Lots of gears and higher rpm do it.

NTX5467

10 hours ago, PWB said:

Sorry.  I fixed the link:

True that "passing" speed after the first 1/4 is a consideration. (Won't stop me - beauty before speed can stop the clock) Was it significant after '63?

My '64 Impala was a sloth with a 283

No complaints Chevy prouds ^_^

Way cool, much better, I drove one for many years, even got 16MPG!!! on the highway!