Spot light identification

Vintageben

Hi all thanks in advance for any help. So I have this spotlight I fitted to my 27 Chev speedster some years back and would like to know more I know it is probably on the wrong sort of car but I like it any way. Just wondering what era it is from I'm thinking 20's as it is drum type and nickel plated not Chrome also what may of it been on originally also approx value although I will never sell it. It tracks with the steering by cable pull with spring return. Any way any info appreciated. It says on the base C.C Automatic track searcher patent no. 14806

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Really cool spotlight. The drum shape is very similar to the headlights on my 1923 Hupmobile, so I agree with your age assessment. 

As for value; such very uncommon items like this are hard to fix a price on. When very few exist, then even fewer change hands. It takes that one guy who is really looking for something like this, to really boost its value (check that...make it TWO different guys that want it on eBay.) 

Very cool piece. 

The lens its self is about seven and a qautre inches wide the rim is a bit over 8.5 inches the lens has a horizontal concave in it and legal lite m 111 written on top edge see photos below. This light sat in a local Antique store for about twelve months I was never game enough to ask the price as most things in the store were out of my price range any way one day when I was in there the owner said to me "you've been coming in here looking at that light for the past year so why don't you make an offer" I offered $80(australian) he took $ 90 and we were both happy well at least I think he was? it took me another twelve months to fit it as I say no point in rushing things

image.jpg

image.jpg