So Cal TC Mechanic and Parts?

Hi Guys. I'm new to this site, and am happy to have found it. I've had some trouble finding a local mechanic in the Thousand Oaks area that has experience working on TC's. I've got a really nice one with low mileage being shipped to me, but I want the right person to work on it. I've also had trouble locating a Valve Cover Gasket for a 1990 2.2 turbo. I've got an inquiry into TCParts.com but i've found only the gasket for the 6 cylinder not the 4.  Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Edited by artimax (see edit history)

Shelby...are you a mechanic? We ho Not too far from my work. I have the 16 valve four cylinder. So very few made. The valve cover  gasket for the 6 cal is easy to find, but not mine. Thanks for the input.

6 hours ago, artimax said:

Hi Guys. I'm new to this site, and am happy to have found it. I've had some trouble finding a local mechanic in the Thousand Oaks area that has experience working on TC's. I've got a really nice one with low mileage being shipped to me, but I want the right person to work on it. I've also had trouble locating a Valve Cover Gasket for a 1990 2.2 turbo. I've got an inquiry into TCParts.com but i've found only the gasket for the 6 cylinder not the 4.  Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Hi, you are a few years too late for me. I had a Chrysler Product repair shop for years in the Ventura area, Hemi's Independent Chrysler Repair a little ways north on 101.

I see you have a 16V TC.  I have built a few of them myself. 

596563c1e3c7f_16Vengine-front14.JPG.ade604ebec178e1840e4033eaf8ed743.JPG fullsizeoutput_1267.jpeg.896d70bfeccc31b11c54804c512be25b.jpegA former customer's car, Bo Duke.

I have someone in mind in Saticoy if you would drive that far. He was a neighbor of mine in the complex where I had my shop. I would think you are just looking for basic maintenance since you have such low miles on the car. 

Send me a private message if you are interested.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2017 at 6:51 PM, shelbyone said:

Hemi! does your guy in Saticoy also perform ordinary valve jobs on the V6? I would drive that far...

I hesitated to reply when you posted this request since it looked like you might have found someone closer to your residence. 

But to answer your question, he certainly is capable, however he does not have a machine shop which is generally needed when doing valve jobs. 

Rob has mostly a preventive maintenance shop, the best I can say is for you to drive your car to his shop and have a chat with him. He is best able to answer your questions.