What is your favorite 4th car show/parade memory?

I have been going through lots of old photos. I tend to put them "away" to go through another day. There are so many memories coming back that it gets overwhelming.  

I remember coming across some pictures of several of my father's Corvettes in a parade. I drove his '58 in a couple 4th of July parades. It is one of my fondest memories about my dad. That and going to many car shows/swap meets. I remember sitting by the Corvettes he brought and talking to the admirers. At the time I didn't realize how lucky I was to have these experiences, but I do now. 

Happy 4th everyone!

image.jpg

Daughter is now 30 and this would have happened when she was about 3 so late 1980s.  The other half was driving a local politician friend in our small town's Independence Day Parade.  The parade started at 1 pm so that meant we were there before noon and it was a HOT day. 

Our son is 4 years older and he got to ride in the front passenger seat but no room for a wiggly 3 year old so we watched the parade from the sidelines.  Did I mention it was hot?!?!  Waiting for our ride after the parade was finally over got to be too much and I gave permission for her to wade in the town fountain.  It looked pretty clean and next thing I know she's soaking wet from pig tails to toes.  Think we have pics somewhere of the blue convertible with the politician and a very wet but happy 3 year old. 

• Like 1