Info on motor parts needed

I bought this 3 HP Watkins motor made in Cincinnati anyone know what brand of carb it takes. It appears to be a screw on carb I think and please correct me if I an wrong. Also missing the flywheel but all the small pieces seem to be there. Motor turns freely so hoping to get it running after finding all the parts for it. It is in very nice and small so I plan to set it on a book shelf after polishing all the brass and a bit of paint. Thanks for any information you may have on it.

2017-05-19 copper top motor 004.JPG

2017-05-19 copper top motor 002.JPG

2-cycle marine engine,...a 4 cycle would not be anywhere near 3 hp at it's apparent size.

Carb would definitely all brass/bronze.

they were called "dock knockers" back then.  No gear box, direct drive to prop.  To get in reverse before slamming into the dock, you cut the ignition, and as the flywheel nearly stopped and actually kicked backwards a twitch, you hit the ignition at the precise moment....it ran in reverse rotation.

Kind of tricky at first, as you need forward speed to get to dock with a current or headwind...if you hit the ignition too soon, or far too late....you hit the dock.

• Like 1

Joe - I have no specific information on Wadkins, so guessing.

Many of the small marine engines used a Schebler model D carburetor. These could be configured either sidedraft or updraft and with either a flange or pipe mounting.

Other carb companies used on marine engines were Kingston and Meyer. The Schebler D will be the easiest to find and the easiest to make function.

Jon.