Help ID Kraft Truck

Need help Identifying a Truck I recently purchased. Previous owner said it was a 1932 REO, n REO did make a lot of different trucks, but I cant find this one. The Truck did end up in a Junk Yard in Arizona, then back to Vegas when the yard closed n the owner moved here. Any help appreciated, as always.

Kraft+25.JPG

These old commercial trucks are really cool. I see yours is numbered 25, according to the door. And truck number 24 is 4th from the left in your picture. If the drivers weren't standing in front of the other doors, you may be able to single out this very truck!

Many trucks were and are still are an assemblage of different part manufacturers.

So, if you happen to see that type of a cab on , say, an Autocar, that would not be proof that it is an Autocar.

Probably best thing to go by is the frame for ID-ing the truck, as even the suspension may be supplied by a different manufacturer.

True Roger, I imagine she is Coach Built, but by what Coach Company, n what Chassis did they use. I can't find numbers on this chassis. but there are 2 tags on the firewall, one the rebuilder the other pictured here. I do know this is a fairly common vehicle for Kraft, and I have seen it used by others as well like a photo I found of a news crew filming a fire. But have yet to find a photo good enough to make out the Radiator Badge.

reo- 006.jpg

keiser31, thought the same, but the grill emblem is wrong in that pick, n can't find the cowl or doors that match a Dodge either.

C Carl I have gone more Pin Up n Fashion these last couple of years, indeed I'm being pushed to put together a Pin Up Car Show yet this year, just outside of Vegas. But I'm still a bad boy, just a bad boy with a lot of old cars these days. N as a Photographer, a Cheese Truck is the perfect Toy Hauler. But I do like n respect History too, eccentric. 

If you could provide us with better photos of your truck, perhaps we could tell you exactly what you have. Photos of the firewall and dashboard would REALLY help.

Also on Dodge thought, remember Henry Ford and the Dodge Brothers fighting over steel vs wood, this is put together with wood like a Fisher Body, indeed much of the wood closely resembles my 28 Buick. I don't think it is Fisher but close. Likewise my 21 Dodge has a steel sub structure, wood only to nail upholstery to.

Edited by NudeAutoMall
extra thought / old mind (see edit history)

My bolts all have a raised round circle there but no stamping. Will check the direction of the thread in the morning. Cowl does look correct. Is the back of the hood strait up n down, sloped forward towards the bottom? Looks like you are correct though, thanks for your persistence. Would Gram lack the DB stamping? Regardless, certainly not the REO I was sold, n fell for. But still a cool Cheese Truck.

It could very well be a Graham Brothers truck as they were basically hand in hand. I thought about that, too, but without the serial number and the radiator shell & emblem, it's hard to tell. That may be the reason for the blank circle on the bolt head.

16 hours ago, keiser31 said:

It could very well be a Graham Brothers truck as they were basically hand in hand. I thought about that, too, but without the serial number and the radiator shell & emblem, it's hard to tell. That may be the reason for the blank circle on the bolt head.

I believe Graham trucks stopped producing trucks around 1929. The vin tags for Dodge Bros trucks would carry the Graham name for marketing purpose only. The GB "E" series was the last truck to carry the GB logo. There may have been some custom builds using the Graham car chassis.

I own a 29 DB "E" series truck. This is a GB basically with DB badge changes.

• Like 1