At least one Buick at Concours d'Elegance of Texas

chuckfmtexas

This coming Sunday April 23rd the Concours d'Elegance of Texas,  www.concoursoftexas.org, will be held at the Texas Rangers Globe Life Ballpark in Arlington, TX, a stone's throw from the Dallas Cowboys AT&T Stadium.  For its first five years the Concours was held just north of Houston in Conroe, TX at the La Torretta resort.  The organizers are from the D/FW area here in North Texas so they decided 18 months ago to move it here.  There is strong organization and financial resources and they hope to grow the Concours to number three after Pebble Beach and Amelia Island.  

I entered our 1932 Buick 67S in 2013 at La Torretta and won Best of Class.  I thought why not enter it again and let friends and folks in North Texas get to see it for once.  Looking forward to nice weather and a fun time.

Chuck

32Buickresized2 - Copy.JPG

1932Buick 7-09 (21) - Copy.JPG

DSC_1753 - Copy.JPG

DSC_1754.JPG

DSC_1772.JPG

Edited by chuckfmtexas (see edit history)
  • Like 8

Thanks for the info ........I was unaware that the Concour was moved.  We attended it twice and while nice, it was not an outstanding event. 

I had heard there were two competing groups...the original Keels and Wheels and this group.

The new Concour was set-up and intentionally held on the same day as Keels and Wheels.

I hope they have better cars at the show in Arlington.  We cannot make it because the Regional Buick show is no Brenham this weekend, and I guess we will not see you and your car there.

Let us know how you do and give us some photos of the other cars (or a link to the event)

Hi Barney, yes the first year of Concours d'Elegance was the same weekend of Keels and Wheels and we had our car at K&W which is a great event in itself.  I think CDETexas has a better chance of attracting quality cars in the D/FW Metroplex area over Conroe and especially at the Rangers/Cowboys venue.  There are a ton of things going on in that setting with the Rangers and Cowboy stadiums as well as Texas Live! a tremendous new entertainment/shopping/hospitality venue under construction and Six Flags next door.  I am missing the Bluebonnets in Brenham because of this event in Arlington.  

This may be the last year CDETexas allows non-Classic Car Club of America standards as show cars.  I had someone on the Board of  Directors of Amelia Island encourage me to enter the 32 Buick there until he found out they go by CCCA standards and only 80 and 90 series Buicks are allowed.  Bummer, but we still get to show and tell elsewhere and that is what makes it fun.  See you in Brookfield, WS.

Chuck

• Like 1

Well, the Concours d'Elegance of Texas last weekend was a great success starting with a tour on Friday, auction ofno reserve 44 cars private collection, cocktail party Friday night for a preview of second auction to follow on Saturday, then Sunday the big event, the Concours.  Concours site was an awesome grass covered park with tree canopy located in an a larger linear park with stream and lake between the Texas Rangers Ballpark and Dallas Cowboys AT&T stadium in Arlington, TX.  Had about 120 vehicles in the Concours.  Cadillacs were the featured marquee this year.  There was also a Car Corral with 150+ very nice cars and several Buicks which I will follow up with another post.  www.concoursoftexas.org

Lucky me,  the 1932 67S won Best of Class which made for a great day!:D

A few photos but I have many more of the participating cars.  Perhaps I can figure out how to post them to a storage software and share.  

There were a few other Buicks.  A 1957 awesome Buick was in the modified class and several nice modifieds in the Car Corral

Chuck

DSC_1372 - Copy.JPG

DSC_1377.JPG

DSC_1378 - Copy.JPG

DSC_1379 - Copy.JPG

DSC_1381 - Copy.JPG

DSC_1382 - Copy.JPG

DSC_1423 - Copy.JPG

DSC_1424 - Copy.JPG

DSC_1426 - Copy.JPG

DSC_1428.JPG

DSC_1485 - Copy.JPG

Edited by chuckfmtexas (see edit history)
  • Like 5