Can Anyone Recommend a Shipper?

I'm looking at two cars on the east coast that I'd like to get to the west coast. Trouble is, one car does not run and is disassembled. Body is on wheels so it's a roller but there are several boxes of parts that would need to make the trip as well. I know how transport companies prefer not to deal with non-runners. Any suggestions?

Greg

1 hour ago, GregLaR said:

I'm looking at two cars on the east coast that I'd like to get to the west coast. Trouble is, one car does not run and is disassembled. Body is on wheels so it's a roller but there are several boxes of parts that would need to make the trip as well. I know how transport companies prefer not to deal with non-runners. Any suggestions?

Greg

I've shipped five cars cross country in the last seven years.  Only one of those ran.  Expect to pay twice the original quote by the time the car actually gets picked up.  Fees ranged from $900 for the runner to $1800 for the most recent non-runner.

5 hours ago, GregLaR said:

Greg

Greg,

Generally it is not cost effective to transport a vehicle from Coast to Coast by direct enclosed transport.

Ironically - on my trailer now is a rare complete 1965 GT Dart project roller loaded with parts along with a spare hood & fenders

and a 1915 Model T Touring - both were picked up in California and are headed to Mississippi and Florida.

No major carrier I know of will transport a dis-assembled vehicle as you describe.

I would buy closer to home if I were you.

Jim

Bronx load out.jpg

Marmon.jpg

file-1--4- (1).jpg

507672-1393516670-a34aedb578339ae89a379e21be3782fb.jpg

Curves ahead transported my car from St Louis to LA as a non runner (no spares with it though) in cover, wasn't cheap but the car arrived in Australia with no damage (well except for the damage rocker gear that apparently happened long before I bought it)