63 Riviera Project

Guest SteveZak

Guest SteveZak

I just joined, or I should say rejoined. I was a member 20 some years ago. I have a 63 Rivy that's been stored for the last 12 years. I'm dragging it out of mothballs and working on getting it running, most likely to sell soon. All original, 3rd owner but don't have the time to spend on it. I'm looking to verify the options the options against the ID plate, what can anyone tell me about the Paint color (pp) and the accessories, see attached...........

Thanks,

Steve 

ID Plate.jpg

Open the ROA website and click on the Articles from the Riview link.  The third choice from the bottom has all the codes that you're looking for.  Just remember, the J2 next to the interior code is on the list too.   The data plate DOES NOT include any options such that she under the hood or in the dash - cruise, guidematic, tilt,  etc.  It does not tell you what radio came in the car, only that the chassis was equipped for a radio.  There is a separate link for paint and interior codes.

WOW!!!   Teal Mist with White Leather interior!  That must be a really stunning car!

I have added it to my '63 Riv database.

If you have any other photos, please send them to me.

63Riv (at) comcast (dot) net

Thanks!

• Like 1

OK Riviera People:  A spectacular color combo when fresh.  GM's 1963 ( and other years ha ha) metallic colors faded faster than (use what ever comedian's comparison ya want).  Combine the premature aging process along with the beating many took from weather conditions and not many remember how sharp these Rivs originally were.  It wasn't until the paints got really good and the restoration bar was raised that many saw them in their original glory.

Mitch