First Preservation Award

halcyondays

How hard is it to win a First Preservation Award? There is a car for sale that I am interested in purchasing that won a first preservation award in 2009. The car is not close to my home and I will need to travel to inspect the car. The question is does receiving that award indicate a high level restoration or is it less than that?  I know a lot can happen between 2009 and 2017.

Edited by halcyondays (see edit history)

If the first preservation was awarded just after receiving it's Senior award, it was probably still a pretty nice car at that time.  What year did it win a Senior? 

You are right tough, a lot can happen since.  I'd say the fact it won a preservation award in 2009 and perhaps nothing since could mean only it probably wasn't shown in a National Meet.  It could still be a high quality car, but knowing it's history since restoration would be very important.  Having those awards may not add value depending on how it's been treated since.  If there is still a First Junior badge on the car it will indicate the year it won that award. 

Terry

• Like 1

Remember, too, that an AACA award let's you know that the car is cosmetically restored, but tells you nothing about the true mechanical condition of the car.  A car only needs to be driven onto the show field, and nothing mechanical is judged.

Either go see the car, or ask for a video of them starting and driving the car before relying solely on an award.....

• Like 1