Center Link rebuild for 65 Riviera

kreed

Restoring my 65  and want to rebuild my center link . Does anyone have any recommendations for someone who does thiis sort of thing or is there a rebuild kit available for first generation ( not sure Inwould have the know how to do it myself correctly though) . Thanks for your help .

KReed

ROA 14549

If they can rebuild it, you can rebuild it.  The trick is finding the right parts.  I don't know if the ball joint from some readily available piece (like a tie rod end) will fit, but that's the jist of it.  IIRC, there's a welded retainer that holds the ball joint in place.  Remove the retainer, replace the ball assembly, and weld the retainer back in place.  If the holes are egged out, that's a little different.

OK KR: I recently had a pair of First-Gen center links done by them.  $275 each and they were excellent.  The cheapest price around too. A great place and....I recommend them for all your suspension needs.  I'm, going to rebuild the front end on my 98 Suburban in a few months and I'm getting my parts from them.    Mitch

6 hours ago, KongaMan said:

If they can rebuild it, you can rebuild it.  The trick is finding the right parts.  I don't know if the ball joint from some readily available piece (like a tie rod end) will fit, but that's the jist of it.  IIRC, there's a welded retainer that holds the ball joint in place.  Remove the retainer, replace the ball assembly, and weld the retainer back in place.  If the holes are egged out, that's a little different.

Sorry - couldn't help it...

1445013043214.jpg