convertible top snaps

42dodgeguy

Guys: recently had a new top installed on my 42 Dodge convert, and the guy that put it on didn't put the snaps on that go around the back. What I have is 3 on each side located 6 1/4 inches apart. I'm wondering if anyone has a Dodge convert between 40 and 48 and would be willing to measure the snap to snap locations around and let me know what they are? I've had some offers from Chrysler guys, but unfortunately the spacing is different.

snaps 6.25 apart.JPG

• 2 months later...

Guys: Thanks to the 107 of you who were interested enough to look at my post. I still, though don't have any replies or measurements. Hoping now that winter's gone in most places that someone might be willing to take tape measure in hand? A million thanks to anyone that will.

2 of those views are mine but I don't own a 42.... I'm sure a 40-48 owner will come along to help soon, just have to be patient.

My guess is none of the views are from 40-48  owners to this point.
Good luck, I'm sure someone will help when they see it.

Do you have the boot that is for the car?  That would give you the spacing measurement.  I know I'm being Captain Obvious, so you probably don't have a boot or you would have thought of that.

Any measurement you get will be questionable, unless someone has an original car with an original top.  If a trimmer (myself included) is putting on a new top, it's difficult to go back after putting on the wire-on and find the exact hole location for snaps, unless you think to put a piece of tape on the body and mark where they are before hand....

• 1 month later...

Negative on the boot deal. I have an old Chrysler boot, but the spacing is all different. Comes to me though, that someone out there might have a boot, and the measurements might be easier to get from the boot than from the car?

• 4 years later...