1935 68C - Searching for a Specific car

JayG

When I was a youngster in the early 60's my grandfather had a 1935 68C in a barn behind his house that we used to sit in an pretend to drive.  He had that car from the mid 40's till the mid 60's when he sold it t a business partner of his.  If I told you for how much you'd cry.   Anyway I believe the car ended up in New Jersey.  I qwas just wondering if anyone on this forum owns the car or knows who does.  I always said that I'd love to own one but the reality is that it's not in my budget. The closest I can come is my recent 1931 96 coupe purchase.

The CT registration papers that I have from my grandfather state the engine number as 2947316.  The car came out of Forestville, CT.  One of the pictures I've attached show my grandfather at the wheel with my grandmother on the running board.  My mother is the teenager in the back with the cool shades on.  The other pic shows my great uncle at the wheel.

I'm just curious what happened to the car and hope it's enjoying life as an unmolested 35 buick somewhere.  Jay

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2586.jpg

Edited by JayG
added pictures (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Are you a member of the BCA? You try running as add in the monthly Bugle

Do you have the frame/chassis number? Engines can be/are replaced

Photos below are of a 1934 68C in New Zealand - right hand drive (not mine).

A very similar car

buick02.jpg

buick01.jpg

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

Although it could be the car I have my doubts.  The sidemount covers are missing and the interior is really ratty.  The car in the 60's was complete and the upholstery was nice.  Although 50 years of bad storage could take it's toll.  The guy that bought it was a collector and my understanding is that it went into a warehouse in Jersey.  The dent on my grandfathers is farther up on the crown of the fender.  It would be worth it to investigate the numbers.  Thanks for the pics.