Chrysler Royal 1941

Guest Dodge_D24

Guest Dodge_D24

Happy New Year everyone.

I just bought a Chrysler Royal 1941 in good unrestored condition with a nice patina in Missouri.

It was partly dismantled, as the hood, fenders and all chrome pieces were taken off.

When the car was hauled open on a trailer from Missouri to Texas, the hood flew off as the seller did not bother to bolt the loose hood on and failed to inform the shipper about it.

It is now probably in a ditch between Missouri and Texas. I feel sick.

Does anyone have or know about a decent hood (butterfly type) for a 1941 Chrysler Royal or Windsor? 1941 was the only year with this hood, and it has to be from a 6 cyl. car.

Enclose a picture of the correct hood from another car. Louvers are not original.

GCCHOU568-100.jpg

This is a horrible story!

I just checked craigslist all over the southwest without success, but I 'll bet if members here all checked their local areas, somebody will turn up a hood for you.

I sincerely wish you good luck on this hunt.

Greg

So Sgt. Schultz is a shipper with a trailer now. I wondered what he would do after the war.

Not meaning to minimize the loss, but where did the term "shipper" come from? It sounds like a service for pay business.

Bernie

• Like 1

Guest Dodge_D24

Hi 60FlatTop.

In this case, the term "shipper" is referred to as the company or person paid to transport the goods (in this case a car) from A to B.

Definition from Wikipedia:

Someone who sends goods for shipment, by packaging, labeling, and arranging for transit, or who coordinates the transport of goods

Does not have to involve sea freight of course.