1953 V8 carburetor starter switch

I need to plug the  carburetor body opposite of the  starter switch. I have looked for information and have not found anything regarding this. I would think there would be a dimension so the ball has enough room to travel is this a regular soft plug,Thanks Steve 

IMG_20161219_213958.jpgIMG_20161219_213923.jpg

carter wcfb screen.jpgJon

I plan to use the switch this is Carter WCFB tag # 2053S. After reading yours and AL’s post, I went and dug around on a few core units and found this screen. It was not secured in place with a clip; I pulled it out with a pick. After knocking some dirt off, I see it is a screen and not a plug.  Al thanks for the part number and description this helped me figure out what I needed to locate, I even found this in the parts book with the description.  

I did look on around tonight and did not locate any images.  I would like to locate this screen and clip, Jon do you have any of these parts.   I can clean this screen and come up with a small clip to hold this in place for this carburetor. I like to have spare parts ready to go for future needs.

Thanks

Steve

Those that posted that there is no clip holding the screen in this carburetor are correct.

Earlier models used a different screen and a clip to hold it it place; which is why I made the comment about knowing the carburetor identification. The clip on the earlier models is simply a piece of music wire formed in a circle, with a tiny piece out of the circle so the ring could compress into the housing.

If the screen was undamaged in removal, wash it by soaking in vinegar for maybe 30 minutes.

Jon.