1977-78 Buick Riviera Assembly Help

Guest 1977buickboy

Guest 1977buickboy

Hi my 1977 Riviera has been apart now for nearly 10 years a good friend was going to do some work on her never again will that happen, now my question is, is there any books out there that go into great detail on putting it all back together with all the Blown out detail drawings I would call it a assembly manual I have send shop service repair books on the net however I don't know if that would do it, so is there anything that could help me and if so how do I buy it.

Many thanks to any body that can help me out regards Keith

Hi Keith and welcome to the forum. The answer depends how apart is the car? Just mechanicals like engine and transmission or body and interior in many pieces also. Let us know that.

No matter what you need a hard copy 1977 Buick chassis service manual and 1977 Body manual. The latter will cover Cadillac and other GM. Not likely you will find an assembly manual.

If the car is totally dismantled, nothing better than having a junk 77/78 in your yard to copy off of not to mention for a source of parts for all the pieces that have been lost.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Guest 1977buickboy

Thank you guys for all your comments this is what I am dealing with as you can see she is stripped out and there is a lot of boxes of parts to put back in the correct order, now that's why I was after an assembly book I guess.

My 77 Buick.jpg

My 77.jpg