Can someone identify this car?

mah0401a

9 hours ago, mah0401a said:

Here's another one, and appears to be a different car than the red/silver one above as it has the correct bumpers. Looks like it may be an Ontario license plate. This car also appears to have some sort of multi-glass division window, which the red/silver car does not have.

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 6.36.39 AM.png

Thanks for the information guys.

What I know about the photo is that it is of the Stewart family in Flint, MI in front of their home. The house looks the same today and is in wonderful condition, in a nice neighborhood.

"SS" Samuel Sidney Stewart was a banker and owner of WF Stewart Coach building company.

Perhaps they built the body for Mr. Stewart's personal car?

Guest Grumpy's Auto Shop

@ West Petersen

I couldn't help but notice that the Rad Cap is different in the original photo.  What (if anything) can you tell us about that? 

1 hour ago, Grumpy's Auto Shop said:

@ West Petersen

I couldn't help but notice that the Rad Cap is different in the original photo.  What (if anything) can you tell us about that? 

The one on the original photo looks to be a plain "bail" cap, no mascot.

58 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

The three pictures are a great example of how color choice can impact the finished look of the car. The grey body with the black fenders, fits the look of the car the best, IMO. What about the wood on the running boards, should it have rubber mats?

I believe the wood to be incorrect, but I suppose it's possible it was ordered that way. I don't know anything about the history of that particular car.

10 hours ago, West Peterson said:

Stewart built bodies for Buick... cheaply. No where near as nicely finished as a Fisher bodied Buick... although they looked fantastic!!!

I don't know which bodies they did for Buick but they did do the convertible bodies for Pontiac and Oakland, and maybe other GM divisions?