1931 Dodge coupe for sale not mine

bostonhemi

1 hour ago, Plyroadking said:

What's up with the radiator? It looks like there is a radiator behind the original radiator?

That looks like an edge of another radiator, but it is simply a shadow on the passenger side of the radiator.

Picture 22667.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Keiser, there's something definitively wrong with that radiator. It shouldn't sit that far back from the radiator shell. Look at the view from the passenger side. On top of that, this is not the correct 1931 Dodge engine. A lot of money for something that is far from correct and needs work to boot.

46 minutes ago, dodgedh2 said:

Keiser, there's something definitively wrong with that radiator. It shouldn't sit that far back from the radiator shell. Look at the view from the passenger side. On top of that, this is not the correct 1931 Dodge engine. A lot of money for something that is far from correct and needs work to boot.

Oh....I see what you mean now. I missed that completely. Looks like they put in a shorter Plymouth engine in it and moved the original radiator back to attach the hoses to.

'31 Dodge also had a full water jacket and remote oil filter was an option. The give away on this car is that the engine is shorter and has the downdraft carb ( as was mentioned). I have a spare '31 engine, but don't want to put out this kind of money for a car with wrong drivetrain.

7 minutes ago, dodgedh2 said:

'31 Dodge also had a full water jacket and remote oil filter was an option. The give away on this car is that the engine is shorter and has the downdraft carb ( as was mentioned). I have a spare '31 engine, but don't want to put out this kind of money for a car with wrong drivetrain.

I saw about 20 engines for 31 plus the one we owned and not one had a full water jacket. 

1 hour ago, dodgedh2 said:

Not to be picky, but no....there is not a full water jacket on any 1931 Dodge DH6 engine. If you have one, can you please show us?

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

On 11/24/2016 at 11:24 AM, countrytravler said:

I saw about 20 engines for 31 plus the one we owned and not one had a full water jacket. 

Sorry, I was thinking that you were referring to split front to back, not from top to bottom. You are correct, the '31 had a water jacket on the top end of the cylinders, not full length top to bottom.