Sudden interest in an old truck I'm selling

auburnseeker

The pushy, annoying ones don't have much of a chance anyway. Maybe that's why I don't care for the clowns on TV car reality shows. What you think and what you do don't have to be transparent, as the politicians say.

Around 1990 we had a residential furnace salesman who was knocking down about $120,000 a year in upstate NY. He would visit a customer and ask them to stand by the cellar door to listen for the furnace to turn on. Then he'd peek into the refrigerator to see what leftovers were there. The furnace would be discussed and the nice home would be mentioned, just like home and reminded him of home. Then he'd mention the get lunches his Mom made from leftovers, like warmed up chicken. The lady of the house would exclaim "Oh, I have some chicken in the refrigerator. Would you like to join us for lunch." It wasn't hard to get that contract signed half an hour later.

Sounds like your experience is with the guys who brag about shooting at the code officer. Down here by the Lake we are smoother.

Bernie

• Like 1