Saw this '90

ChrisWhewell

Once in a while, I just look.  This one has sunroof, 16 way seats and CD player, I think that's all the options.  Maybe ads like this show the market value.   But, maybe its really worth a little more, I don't know.   BTW, its not my car, I'd never abuse the forums like that :)

http://austin.craigslist.org/ctd/5837635224.html

If it were a factory sunroof it would probably be worth what they're asking. Sadly it's one of the popular mid west glass pop up sunroofs. These are installed aftermarket, and are often installed without drains. Leading to massive water leakage when driven in the rain.

i would bet this car came from up north (IL, MI, WI, IN) and was bright down by a snow bird. 

• Like 1

Could be, I know mine was - on the back of mine is a plate with the original Dealer's name on it, from a place in New Jersey.   But, there isn't a spot of corrosion anywhere on mine, the undercarriage, engine compartment, etc. all look showroom new.  I wish I could get that dealer name plate off.  Well, the plate is off, I have a strip of foam adhered to the body beneath the trunk lid.  I'm hoping the sun's uv rays will deteriorate it with time.

My go-to product for removing glue from paint is WD-40. It is an oily solvent but I've never had it damage the paint. Just don't let it stay on the paint too long.

Spray the WD-40 on a rag then apply it to the glue and hold it there for a few seconds. Then with the rag start pushing the glue in one direction in a rolling fashion to keep exposing a clean part of the rag. Don't rub back and forth. That will usually just smear it. If it is going to work on the glue you are trying to remove the glue will start rolling up in front of the rag. It doesn't work on all glues.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...