1929 Buick 118 Sedan 4 Door..NEED HELP>>>

Guest Seven1818

Guest Seven1818

Hello. I hope someone can help me. I am thinking of buying a restored 1929 Buick Sedan 118 4 door, but not sure what they are work. Looks like the guy was adding switches to make it start easier? The original key switch is gone. Is this hard to fix and put back in correct wiring? I am not sure how to even start it, with what he was trying to do....

Thanks!

Brian

Guest Seven1818

Hello! Yes, that it is. I don't know anything about the car, not even sure how to get it started. Here are some pics....it's a 1929 with 116 wheel base. The guy who had it started putting switches in and not sure what that was all about. I need to find someone in the Michigan/Ohio area that maybe could help me wire it the correct way. Seems to be a very nice car, just not sure how to get it back to original.

Thanks Mark!

Brian

IMG_20160920_194156338_TOP.jpg

IMG_20160920_194448318.jpg

IMG_20160920_194430125.jpg

IMG_20160920_194442287.jpg

Is it not possible to contact the current / previous owner to ask for help to get it started.  If you want to re-wire it to original then what Mark says is correct. If you can get the switch then the remainder is a simple exercise. You should even be able to buy a reproduction wiring harness if it comes to that. Any auto electrician can rewire it for you.  You need to do some research on how to get those parts.  Try CARs Inc for starters or Bob's Automobilia.

• Like 1

Guest Seven1818

Thanks for the information! The current owner's son is selling and does not know much about the car. I have talked to some great resources on here and think we have a good plan in place to get it back in shape and hopefully on the road.

4 hours ago, Rooster said:

Is it not possible to contact the current / previous owner to ask for help to get it started.  If you want to re-wire it to original then what Mark says is correct. If you can get the switch then the remainder is a simple exercise. You should even be able to buy a reproduction wiring harness if it comes to that. Any auto electrician can rewire it for you.  You need to do some research on how to get those parts.  Try CARs Inc for starters or Bob's Automobilia.

I think Bob's may even have the parts to rebuild the ignition dial from memory