What is it? 2016/10/04 1008

Dosmo

I have looked at this one several times and not come up with anything. I think it is something medium sized (maybe around 30hp?) but still fairly expensive from about 1907.  It is a pity we can't see whether it has chain drive or not.  The front axle is distinctive with that short straight section in the middle. The radiator filler is similar to Locomobile but the rest doesn't match any of the more well-known makes. Not a lot of makes used ten spoke front wheels with twelve spoke rear wheels. I think the insignia on the radiator is more likely something personal to the owner rather than a maker's name.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Layden B said:

1909 Chalmers-Detroit is my guess.

I did a little research re Chalmers-Detroit and they mostly had a badge on the radiator top tank . Maybe this one is an earlier Thomas-Detroit 40 from 1908?  The front axle matches. The 30 cars have a shorter hood.  Them history is in the Standard Catalog.

I have found pics of 1910 Thomas Flyers with the same top, fenders, radiator, and hood/strap but not all on the same car.  Still not sure about the badge.  This one has the headlamps and hood louvers.  Just can't pin it down to one car.

DSCN0527.jpg

Here is one with the same top and other lights:

353503.jpg

Edited by 39BuickEight (see edit history)
  • Like 1