epoxy

broker-len

Are you trying to get a threaded stud on the back of this badge for mounting?  If so, you need a lot more surface area than that screw head. Consider starting with a trim clip like one of these.  Remove the wire, as you won't need it in this application.  You need to rough up both the back of the badge and the head of the clip.  You then need to thoroughly clean both mating surfaces with lacquer thinner.  Don't touch them after cleaning.  JB Weld should be more than adequate for this task if proper surface preparation and application is followed.

DSCN2040.JPG

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spinneyhill said:

I have used cyanoacrylate gel for those sorts of jobs. Clean and full contact (no gaps) are important.

I agree, IF the surfaces are clean and full contact, as you point out.  I fear that it will be difficult to achieve those conditions on the parts shown in the first post.  JB Weld is much more tolerant of poor fit-up.

I've also used a similar product in aerospace bonding applications where fit-up was a problem.  ScotchWeld 2216 is an excellent two-part epoxy that will accommodate gaps in the mating surfaces.  It isn't cheap, but it works well.  McMaster Carr and other sources sell it.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQRPn0tCk5sFYM2JgEC