37 series 40 special bumpers

CablerNC

It's possible the rear bumper once had a middle bumper guard. They folded  down to allow the trunk lid to be opened. You might be able to find a  description through the 36-38 Buick club. Not sure if the F/R bumpers are the same. Please share some more photos of your new baby!

Suchan,

To clarify in 1938 the middle rear fold down bumper guard did not bolt though the bumper but was "clamped" around it, but I don't know bout 37 (actually I have never seen a 37 with a fold down rear center guard).

In 38 there is a hole in the center of the front bumper for those cars equipped with either a medallion or a center sharks tooth guard, but there were also 38 fronts without either and thus no hole. again don't know for 37.

Finally lots of info can be found here http://1937and1938buicks.com/The-Torque-Tube/The-Torque-Tube.htm use the technical index to help find the info you want to research.

CablerNC,

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. According to my Chassis Parts Manual, the 1937 Series 40 Front bumper face plate is part number 130447. The 1937 Series 40 Rear bumper face plate is part number 130443. While I can't tell you exactly what the difference is between the front and rear bumpers, it appears that they are different. 

Brian is correct, there is a lot of good information in the old Torque Tube files.  You can spend a lot of time reading all of those issues.

You may want to also consider joining the 36-38 Buick Club, Division of Buick Club of America. You can check out the club website at http://www.3638buickclub.org/