For Sale 1928 Reo Touring ? ?

Looks like a mish-mash of unrelated parts. The craigslist ads always have minimal photos.  The newer wheels and tires. The rear door does not match. Tacked on cowl lights. I do not recall a REO radiator shell in that shape. Square core may be possible truck radiator?  The 1928 Reo was quite a lovely car design. I can't say much for this one.  Can anyone identify some of its components. This one is a puzzle.

Mark:

The 1927 REO Wolverine you posted about at $8,000 looks to be in very nice shape and a really great buy compared to this. The more I stared at the radiator shell it looks to be a modified 1926-27 Buick shell that was modified to hang the big badge on. The hood does appear to be REO as are the body side belt moldings. Also the radiator cap moto meter style I have seen on Buicks of 1925-26. It would be good to see some engine photos and a photo of the data plate to see what it truly is.

Edited by dibarlaw (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, dibarlaw said:

Can anyone identify some of its components.

That bottom piece of the windshield; is that a 29-30 Chevy open car piece?  On a Chevy, there would be 2 piece folding W/S posts, and that center-piece filler comes up to the stubs of the folding posts

Not mine, just posting the ad, in the event deleted from Craigslist. 

"1928 REO Gasoline, 4door, 6cyl
Has not been ran in a long time but ran well, clean title in hand. Needs lots of TLC but definitely a rare gem 
The car was bought as a project for my grandfather and I but lost my grandfather and have held on to it due to the sentimental value. Serious inquiries please 5seven5 six44 four3Twenty. Tammi $4,000"

00C0C_lvxRroLz3z4_600x450.jpg

00F0F_3NnHwilCEX8_600x450.jpg